LRN Level 3 Certificate In Business Management
The LRN Level 3 Certificate in Business Management is designed to help candidates in developing their knowledge and understanding of business.
Who is it for
- new to the work environment
- have little experience of the work experience and would like to extend their knowledge
- do not have a formal qualification of their work experience in the business industry and would like to obtain one
- One or two GCE (grades A – C) qualifications (or equivalent)
- Other relevant business related certifications
- Advanced GNVQ with a specific grade or equivalent
English language: Candidates should also have a qualification for English Language at Level B1 (or equivalent)
Obtaining LRN Level 3 Diploma in Business Management will help candidates in a variety of paths. Candidates may continue to obtain a higher level certification in Business Management, a higher level of qualification including a degree and vocational qualifications.
The assessment consists of written assignments externally set and marked by LRN and an online multiple-choice examination by LRN. The marking of assignments will consider the completion of learning outcomes and the assessment criteria listed in the assignments. To ensure a rigorous quality assurance model is applied, each of the marked assignments will be moderated.
For the multiple-choice examination candidates will have 45 minutes to complete fifty questions of which they need to have 30 correct answers to pass the examination.
Results are graded as Pass or Fail.
Qualification LRN Level 3 in Business Management
Unit Level 3
|Guided learning hours GLH):||200 hours|
|Self-study (SS):||100 hours||Total Assessment Time|
|Formative assessment:||8 hours||(TAT)|
|Summative Assessment:||32 hours||40 hours|
|Total Qualification Time:||340 hours (GLH + SS + TAT)|
The above timescale is indicative and each candidate can work at their own pace to complete the LRN Level 3 Certificate in Business Management.
The LRN Level 3 Diploma in Business Management consists of the four following modules:
- Understanding Business
- Understanding and Using Business Communication
- Understanding and Using it for Business
- Understanding Business Finance
Analysis of the Modules:
The aim of the unit is to enable candidates to demonstrate an understanding of organizations and how they operate.
- Understand the different types of organizations and business aims.
- Understand the different types of organizational structures.
- Know how to assess an organization’s competitive position.
- Understand the importance of human resources to an organization.
Understanding and Using Business Communication
The aim of the unit is to enable candidates to demonstrate an understanding of the value of business communications and how effective communication, assists the strategic planning process.
- Understand different communication methods and styles used in effective business communication.
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and methods to resolve them.
- Know how to communicate effectively in a business context.
- Understand marketing strategy and planning.
Understanding and using IT for Business
The aim of the unit is designed to enable candidates to demonstrate an understanding of IT in business and how to manage it.
- Understand the main components of a business IT system.
- Understand the main business uses of IT.
- Know how to use business IT systems in a business environment.
- Understand the planning and control of projects.
Understanding Business Finance
The aim of the unit is designed to enable candidates to demonstrate an understanding of business finance and its importance to the viability of a business.
- Understand the features of different sources of business finance.
- Be able to use financial statements to interpret business performance.
- Know how to use financial information to support short and medium-term decision-making in a business.
- Understand basic book-keeping practices.